[nycphp-talk] session variables "evil"? (was: re: Cakephp)

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Thu Dec 14 11:44:16 EST 2006

Paul Houle wrote:
> most applications that use session variables are "broken by design".

Really?  That's a surprising assertion, though I'll agree my surprise
probably comes more from my own lack of insight than a flaw in your
argument. Of course a quick google shows a few people hold that session
vars are "evil," but I can't find much to back up the idea.

Can you elaborate, or give us a few links on the topic?

(BTW, Paul, I'm sure you're not speaking without experience, just want
to clarify my own understanding a little more.)

- Allen

--
Allen Shaw
Polymer (http://polymerdb.org)