[nycphp-talk] Editable Select Box

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Tue Dec 19 11:51:11 EST 2006

http://www.crackajax.net/suggest.php

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of Kenneth Downs
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:10 AM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: [nycphp-talk] Editable Select Box

Hi folks, I'm wondering if anybody has seen a particular kind of control
I need.

It's called many things, but "editable Select box" seems to be a common
term.  One example that is close to what I want is here:

http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/form_widget_editable_select/form_widget_
editable_select.html

The trouble I'm running into is that none of the example out there seem
to do quite what I want.  If somebody has seen or used one that does the
following, any links would be hugely appreciated:

1)  Allows entry of a value not in the box (optionally turn this on or off)
2)  While user is typing, the drop-down list scrolls to the best current
match
3)  Hitting "enter" or "tab" or whatever with a partial entry picks the
best current match

Anybody seen this?