[nycphp-talk] Automatically Print Pages

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:11:41 EST 2006

Ok Guys & Gals,

I know i have seen talk on this subject before (or similar) but i never had
a use for it until now.

My fulltime employer has their warehouse application written in PHP
controlled with scan guns, etc.
When they pack an order they scan the barcodes and it processes the order.
The script then generates a PDF and currently redirects to the PDF so that
it will
open in the browser.  They can then hit print to print the page.

We would like to streamline this a bit more.  Rather than redirect to the
PDF we would like the PHP script actually send the PDF directly to the
printer.  I know you can
do this as i recall someone doing it with a DYNAMO labeler.

The question is where can i read up on this topic.  We would need to send
this off to the default printer port.

Any insight would be a great help.

Thanks,
--