[nycphp-talk] PHP -MySQL free hosting

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 20 19:51:02 EST 2006

edward potter edwardpotter-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use|
wrote:

> hmmmmm, that's kinda of clever.
>
> I wonder how much they bring in daily. If it's a lot, seems to me most
> folks on this list could cook something up like that.  Get yourself a
> dedicated Linux box somewhere,  download a "control panel" thing from
> sourceforge, and you are in business.  But are they bringing in like
> $5 bucks a day or $500?  who knows?  :-)
>
> Your total over head is pretty low, and can use the marketing
> materials from your host provider (rackspace, etc).  I suspect that
> clicks on the google ad's in the control panel may be valued much
> higher then ones on a home page -- you are targeting system admin
> types.
>
> - ed

There is so much pharmacy spam on that domain I can't tell if it is
owned by people who are "clients" of 1500mb.com or 1500mb.com puts it up
there. Either way, any web site hosted on 1500mb.com will be
"associated" with some of the most prolific search engine spam on the
planet. If that's ok with you, then I suppose it's "free".

-=john andrews

Your web server traffic log file is the most important source of web business information available. Do you know where your logs are right now? Do you know who else has access to your log files? When they were last archived? Where those archives are? --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com