[nycphp-talk] windows 2003 server, php.ini, exchange server & mail ?

Christopher Grimaldi splungent at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 12:56:45 EST 2006

Hello,
I have a dedicated server(win 2003.  I have full admin
control.  This server hosts multiple domains. The
email is served by an exchange server. The sites are
served by iis 6. I am currently using php 4. My
question has to do with mail functions. In the php.ini
file there is a section to specify the mail
information:

{from php.ini}

Mail Functions
SMTP mail.someserver.com
smtp_port "25"
sendmail_from somebody at somewhere.com
sendmail_path ; not used on windows

{end php.ini}

The problem is, how can I get the php mail functions
to use the smtp from each domain where a message board
or other software wishes to send mail? Right now no
matter which domain sends mail it comes from the
domain named in the php.ini file. Windows (IIS) only
lets me use one php.ini file for the server (as far as
I know) If I was using apache I could use multiple
php.ini files for each domain and set the mail
function information to each respective server.
Unfortunately, due to the business arrangement I have,
I have to use IIS. I have searched all over the
internet and have come up dry. Is this even possible
with my current configuration?  Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks
Chris