[nycphp-talk] Parsing SOAP Response

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Wed Feb 1 20:19:04 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:06:01PM -0500, George Schlossnagle wrote:
> Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
> >I don't think you can take a random SOAP message lying around on the
> >file system or database and pass it to the extension.
> >

> Actually, if you look at the ext/soap unit tests in the php source
> distribution, you can see how to do this (in userspace).

You made me look out of curiosity.  Its nice that it can be "tricked"
but it does seem silly to have binded it to the POST data.  SOAP's
primary transport may be HTTP, but it is intended to be agnostic of
transport.  HTTP, SMTP, message queues, sneaker, fax, pigeon, etc are
valid SOAP transports.  Too bad the extension is specific to HTTP POST.

Just my $0.02, FWIW.

Andrew

--
Andrew Yochum