[nycphp-talk] PhP5.1.1 Multi threaded cross platform compilation issues

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Tue Feb 14 10:09:52 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:46:12AM +0200, Artzi, Yoav (Yoav) wrote:
> I have a problem that the PHP configure seems to automatically disable
> pthreads when I compile on cross platfrom.
> <snip>
> Looking at the configure file it seems that PHP automatically chooses to
> disable pthreads once it detects it's a cross platform compilation.

Thats curious.  I see the code in the configure script that you
describe.  It also makes an exception for netware.

I'd suggest asking the core developers as they'd know why pthreads is
handled that way in the case of cross compiling.

Any reason you *must* cross compile?  No chance of building on the
target?

HTH,
Andrew
--