[nycphp-talk] oracle buys sleepy cat (berkeley db)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Feb 15 08:18:45 EST 2006

Howdy:

Well, Oracle's buying spree continues, with the acquisition of SleepyCat,
the folks who make Berkeley DB.  BDB is also used by MySQL.  As mentioned
earlier, Oracle also purchased Innobase, the makers of the InnoDB engine
used by MySQL.

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2006_feb/sleepycat.html
http://www.oracle.com/innodb/index.html

Wheeee!!!