[nycphp-talk] index.php ignored on new Mac Mini server setup

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Fri Feb 17 15:43:27 EST 2006

I am bringing up a MAC mini as a web server. Thought it would be an easy
and interesting way to learn Unix. And a good way to piss off my kids --
"sorry kids, no garageshop or imovie, this is strictly a web server, go
play with your Pentium II. Silly me, I don't know ls from cd. I'll never
badmouth Bill again.

Tried Xampp; got fairly far, but scrapped it. Now I just have the latest
installs of MySQL and PHP5.

Apache is running (the native version with OSX Tiger).
MySQL 5 is running.
PHP 5.x is running.

PHPMyAdmin gave birth and works just fine.

http://localhost/blahblah/test.php works just fine and just only
phpinfo()

So here's the wierd part:

http://localhost/blahblah/index.php simply comes up empty even thought
it is identical to test.php -- just phpinfo(). No error message, no
nothing. Just blank.

test, test2, idx, index2, etc. .php work just fine and output phpinfo()
as expected. It is only index.php that does nothing.

Ideas?

Cliff