[nycphp-talk] Query result state strategy

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Fri Feb 17 15:48:38 EST 2006

Thanks to all. Hashing is giving me all kinds of ideas. It seems like a
great way to store limited state info on the client side. There goes
another weekend.
Cliff

Carlos's suggestion is good for helping to verify integrity. It would
also be pretty easy to modify your approach to do this instead of query
the database. I have no idea what your SQL query looks like (which is a
good thing), but it's a good candidate for hashing, because it
presumably contains all of the data you're checking, you already take
the time to construct the string, and it's something you can reliably
reproduce.

Hope that helps.
Chris