[nycphp-talk] Send/Receive SMS (Text Messaging) with PHP

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Mon Feb 27 17:38:43 EST 2006

It is currently a huge PITA to obtains shortcodes and provision them
w/ all the carriers @ the moment (not to mention a monopoly on the
registry) ...

http://www.usshortcodes.com can get you a CSC for ~$500 per month
(random) or $1000 for fixed.  And it is the *only* route to go.

For low cost apps, Ive personally used UA ...

http://www.unwiredevents.com/main/app

I normally judge a SMS third-party on their level of integration know-
how + how quick they reply to emails :-)  Either way easy to setup, I
just wish doing it all w/ a CSC and trying your luck w/ SMS apps was
a bit more straight forward ...  Teleflip is also very handy.  But if
you get serious about it you have to study up on MO (message
originating) and MT (message terminating) charges to see if its
worthwhile.

- Jon