[nycphp-talk] Saving variable value

Amir Aavani amir.aavani at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:33:16 EST 2006

Dear Friends,

I want to know how PHP, apache act when the server receive a new request.
For example, consider a user enter www.test.com/index.php, is it true that
apache run the "php index.php" or something like this.

I developed a web-site which needs to retrieve some data from database on
every request. These data are dynamic and retrieving them from database take
a long time.

The point is that these data are altering every for example 2 hours. I have
a solution to this problem but I want to know is there is any better
solution.

I tried to write a IndexGenerator.php which is generate all possible output
for index.php with different parameter. And on every request I send the
content of the generated file on the disk to clients.

The exact thing I want to know is that is there any way in php/apache, by
which I can save the value of a variable and retrieve it on a different
request.

Amir