[nycphp-talk] An Email Architecture Puzzle

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Fri Jan 13 17:38:51 EST 2006

This may be complete overkill for what you need but for a bot/AI/auto-
respond project I used phpcap to trap all inbound "requests" (110)
and outbound "responses" (25) traffic + placed them into a database
by timestamp and subject (which created the "threads") ...

http://alcane.newffr.com/phpcap/
(im not sure if this extension is maintained anymore or will work w/
latest libpcap)

It was just smarter handling of the traffic since snort
(www.snort.org) did not do what was neeed.  The benefit was that the
emails were not touched.  (You can regex keywords on
domain,to,from,cc,subject,body) to ~tag emails.

- Jon