[nycphp-talk] Fault tolerant server architecture

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Thu Jan 19 12:53:53 EST 2006

I use a VPS with rackforce.com.
I have about 20 domains running. It's great in theory, and you can
easily migrate to real hardware if needed.
It is slower than shared hosting I've found though. CPU cycles are
shared, and if you've ever run 4 or 5 OSs in Virtual PC or VMWare you
know it gets kinda slow.
Otherwise I'd recommend it. Obviously there's tape backups, and I do
rsync/scp/tar to a local machine once every couple of days.