[nycphp-talk] PEAR DB ODBC broken after 5.0.4 -> 5.1.1

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 24 23:23:35 EST 2006

> Hey Dan:
>
> Ouch!  I'm not sure what's up with that.  Don't think it's
> a DB issue per
> se. Sounds like something is different between the
> machines.  Are the
> php.ini's and configure lines _exactly_ the same?  Are the
> outputs of
> phpinfo() the same?  Can you connect to some other DBMSs
> and databases
> from the machine?
>
> --Dan

Dan,

Yes, both php.ini values for ODBC are the same, and save for a minor Linux
kernel version, both machines are SuSE Pro 9.2.  The only difference in
the machine that works is that I recompiled it for LDAP support later.  It
was able to connect before and after that though.  Both are hooked to
Apache 1.3.34.

>From a hardware standpoint, the machine that work is P4, the one that
doesn't is Xeon.

Top of phpinfo:

"guajillo" works:
http://krook.org/etc/guajillo.gif

"linsang" doesn't:
http://krook.org/etc/linsang.gif

Both share these ODBC settings from php.ini:
http://krook.org/etc/odbc.gif

MySQL is running just fine on the machine, and I can connect to the
database in question from a Java application just fine:
Database product name : DB2/LINUX
Database product version : SQL08020
JDBC driver name  : IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture
JDBC driver version  : 2.3.63

Any other thoughts?

TIA,
-Dan

Daniel Krook, Content Tools Developer
Global Production Services - Tools, ibm.com

http://bluepages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://blogpages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://bookmarks.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/