[nycphp-talk] PHP COM class

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Wed Jul 5 11:58:13 EDT 2006

Well, reading is actually cooler than it sounds.
Apparently, that class is only for Windows platform, according to
php.net manual

Does anyone know about similar things for *nix?

Namely, I am trying to read Excel files (I can write them very well
thanks to the PEAR class), and I found an Excel reader, but for some
reason I get syntax errors in its code include file, etc.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpexcelreader is the one I was trying
to use, but it doesnt work. Other things on google involve paying for
it, hence my interest in COM class.