[nycphp-talk] Joomla presentation this month

edward potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 14:23:27 EDT 2006

hi,

Comparison to Drupal? It seems to be on a roll. Also, may it be an
option to "roll your own"?  All these mega packages seems to be over
kill for me.

I would LOVE to see a Wordpress Lite, A Drupal Lite, A Joomal Lite,
osCommerce Lite, MediaWiki Lite.  On editing the mother package, I
have to wade through 100's (if not thousands) of line of code to add a
feature I'd like to see.

These applications seem to be for those that have little or no php
experience, but if you are a php hacker, it would be great to just
pull components from each package, like some monster library, and
create a new hybrid? Is anyone thinking along those lines?

Thinking it would be great to "mate", and combine all the good pieces into one.

Just another crazy idea.

thanks, ed :-)