[nycphp-talk] Use php to check for ssl/https support in apache

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Fri Jul 14 14:56:29 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I've done a bit of searching and haven't been able to find if there's a
means that php running on apache can determine if apache supports
ssl/https connections.  It would be nice my app to force an https
connection on certain pages if it is available.  Otherwise I'll have to
do it with a manual config switch.

Running apache_get_modules() and checking for mod_ssl seems like an
option... but doesn't work on PHP 4.4.2 w/ Apache 1.3 which a lot of
production servers still use.  Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Rob