[nycphp-talk] Logging and file locking.

David A.Roth rothmail at comcast.net
Sun Jul 16 21:42:34 EDT 2006

When you do your own logging of various events to text logfiles created
from PHP, is file locking needed or does Linux handle this for us? I am
designing a new web application which will have multiple processes
appending to the same text logfile, and I'm concerned entries might get
lost.

If the answer is yes you need to do your own file locking, I'd be
interested to know how you handle the problem yourself and a pointer to
resources/discussion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David Roth