[nycphp-talk] include_path usage with PayPalPro SDK???

Bob Mariotti r.mariotti at fdcx.net
Sat Jul 29 17:04:46 EDT 2006

Fellow PHP'ers;

I've been developing with PHP for several years now with reasonable
success.  Recently I'm trying to integrate PayPal's supplied SDK into an
eCommerce app and I am having trouble with finding their own included
modules.

I've tried studying the logic and use of the php.ini directive
"include_path" and the only definition that seems to work is if I define
the FULL path of every directory individually which makes for a very
long, long path string.

For reference I have my includes directory outside of the document
root(s) in something similar to /srv/www/sites/inc and for everything
else this seems to work just fine.   Now PayPal's supplied tree is a
continuation in this same directory and it itself includes nested
directories so their top level would be at /srv/www/sites/inc/PayPal and
then on down.

Again, if I define each and every lower directory individually in the
path, things appear to work.  Otherwise, it finds nothing of PayPal.
Oh, and further information, PayPal uses multiple nested includes within
its supplied modules (whew!).

For some strange reason I thought that the include_path would be
recursive but I guess not.

Someone in this group must have worked with the PayPal module(s) before
and must have come up against the same situation.

Therefore, could someone in the know PLEASE explain how they overcame
this situation or can someone at least advise how to best handle the
definitions to accommodate this?

Thanks all.

Bob