[nycphp-talk] Static variables, self:: and abstract classes

Wolfy the.wolfy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 12:42:17 EDT 2006

Hi Andrew,

well. i´ve left php exactly for this "problem", the solution well, it´s a
different history.

on java, when u extends a class the child class inherits all methods and
attributes, and you still have the option to overwrite or override the
parent method. but, i dont know why php does not let you override a method
(and, i´m not sure, but does not let you overwrite a method too).

so, what can u do?

you can change the static method to a non-static one and try to overwrite
the method to get the child attribute in the method.

or you can try testing the instance of the class. just like this

if (obj instance of parent1) call method from parent1
elseif (obj instance of parent2) call method from parent2 and so on

if this does not help you. let me know... and then i can make further test
to get a solution

[]´s
gibaWolfy