[nycphp-talk] script output

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Fri Jun 16 12:31:16 EDT 2006

At 12:15 PM -0400 6/16/06, Aaron Deutsch wrote:

>From my co-worker;
>
>I'm writing about 20 excel files via php and want to print to the screen the script status after each file is written. I'm using the pear Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer  class. The script takes about 10 sec to ecxecute.  The problem is the script only displays the status at the end of the whole script execution, not after each one.  Any ideas?
>
>thanks,
>Aaron D.

Aaron:

The script is running and done before you see it.

If you want it to step through the process, then place a "continue" button within the loop. That way, it will do it's thing and get back to you asking for permission to continue.

This is not that different from the long uploads problem where people try to use progress bars and such to monitor what's happening.

My technique (not original) is simply to provide a "waiting gif", like thus:

http://xn--ovg.com/a4.php

hth's

tedd