[nycphp-talk] php for mailing list app?

robyn overstreet robynover at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:54:05 EDT 2006

Hi all-
I'm working on a mailing list (announcement only) for a client and I'm
trying to decide if using PHP is the way to go. I'm more comfortable
with PHP than with Perl, but it seems that Perl has better email
handling modules available.

When I've worked with PHP mail() before, my experience was that even a
relatively small list of about 50 addresses took a while to loop
through and send. I'm concerned that the server will time out for a
larger list. I'm wondering if I need to make a socket connection.

Can anyone point me in a good direction to research?

Thanks in advance-
Robyn