[nycphp-talk] php for mailing list app?

robyn overstreet robynover at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:07:57 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Donald J Organ IV <dorgan at optonline.net> wrote:
> I believe that if you run the script that sends the emails from the
> command line using say cron that the PHP has no max execution time.
> This may help.

Thank you. That's helpful. It makes sense that if I run the script
behind the scenes, not only will it not time out, but the user won't
be affected by the 'long' time it takes to send mail. Since I'm
writing a web application, though, I don't think cron will help -- I
need to run the script (not in the browser) when the user hits "send
to subscribers". Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks
Robyn