[nycphp-talk] mssql -> excel

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Mar 3 12:06:16 EST 2006

Have a look at http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer for
the Excel part of it. It's pretty astonishing how easily you can turn
database data into a spreadsheet and serve it up.

For the zip aspect of it, you might consider
http://pear.php.net/package/Archive_Zip (though I've never used it
myself).

HTH.

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, jlesidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am looking to download rows of data from Mssql database in php. I want to make an excel file of these rows and zip it so the users can download zip files. Can someone tell me how to go about with this?
>
>   Thanks,

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.