[nycphp-talk] Session cookie expiration issue

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Wed Mar 8 10:32:55 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 08:06:16AM -0500, Stephen Musgrave wrote:
>    Why isn't the cookie expiration time being reset with every refresh?  Am I
>    misunderstanding something here?  Do secure cookies have anything to do
>    with it?

Be sure that you call session_start() on each subsequent page request.
That will update the cookie.  It's often best to have a global include
file or an auto-prepend script to take care of this.  Secure cookies are
irrelevant unless you're jumping in an out of HTTP/HTTPS.

HTH,
Andrew
--
Andrew Yochum