[nycphp-talk] email debugging issue

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Thu Mar 9 10:03:17 EST 2006

> I had them give me an email address on their company domain, and -
> voila - i didn't receive any emails I attempt to send to that account
> from the server.

Are they hosting their email on the same server as the script? If they are
not, you'll want to make sure the server is aware of this.

In a situation where the email is hosted elsewhere but the server is not
aware, it (the server) will try to send the email to itself without actually
looking at the record for what server the email is actually supposed to go
to.

Not sure how that would be corrected on your setup, but I've seen that
happen before. Server GUI's like CPanel tend to assume they are handling
email when you set up an account.

--
Andrew Kamm