[nycphp-talk] PEAR Mail versus phpmailer

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Tue Mar 21 09:10:17 EST 2006

Cliff Hirsch wrote:

> Has anyone evaluated PEAR Mail versus phpmailer or any other possible
> candidates?

I've used PEAR only.  My original options were a) roll-my-own, b) learn
to love PEAR Mail or c) learn to love something else.

Overall PEAR packages are stable and consistent and have a nice
installation system, so putting the time into b) seemed worth it.  I'm
now using PEAR mail, mail_mime, mail_imapv2 and am happy with them all,
they "just work".

My only possible gripe is that all you can count on for docs is a class
reference.  This is great, but it would really be nirvana if PEAR
standards required at least one comprehensive example and walk-through
as part of the docs.