[nycphp-talk] Events Management - is there a solid F/OS code base ?

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:33:20 EST 2006

On 3/29/06, csnyder <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:

> For any given day you generate a list of all the possible matches
> (April 1, 2006 is a Saturday, an odd Saturday, first Saturday, first
> of the month, etc), and then SELECT against those matches to find the
> events that apply.

Sorry, just thinking about this, I think it's fair to point out that
this is 30+ queries to render a month view, versus a system that
doesn't allow recurring events and can pull all of the events that
appear in a month with a single query.

It's not that bad a thing, though. "I can do recurring events, but
it'll cost ya."  ;-)