[nycphp-talk] Mysql Client Version Wrong.

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Fri Mar 31 18:33:43 EST 2006

Jon Baer wrote:
> So the php.ini being used (when calling phpinfo()) is definatley
> pointing to this extension?  Might want to scan the entire .ini file
> for what extension is being used, might be redeclared somewhere, else
> a strange problem indeed.

no in php4 the mysql stuff is built in
from php.ini:
;Windows Extensions
;Note that MySQL and ODBC support is now built in, so no dll is needed
for it.

I thought that php snaps had a php_mysql.dll that came with it --
but it turns out the library is libmysql.dll not php_mysql.dll
(sorry 'bout that chief)

I did some minimal searching for a php_mysqli.dll for php4 and
came up empty.

I guess you would have to build your own php
(using the updated client)
Maybe you could build a php_mysqli.dll for php4 --
but I think it might be more of a challenge than its
worth it can even be done.

--

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com