[nycphp-talk] Exec format error - PHP application not running

Kurt Zimmerman kzimmerm at yahoo.com
Sat May 6 09:07:01 EDT 2006

Greetings all;
  As I continue to dig into my problem here, I am
having problems trying to resolve this one.

I had to switch a website to a new machine.  The old
machine was running fine.  I have everything working
(from first observation).  I have a perl script page
that runs fine.  However I have a PHP app that fails
with the following error:

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Looking in the error log this is what I see:

[Fri May 05 10:20:03 2006] [error] [client
66.249.65.40] (8)Exec format error: exec of
'/var/www/html/guestbook/index.php' failed
[Fri May 05 10:20:03 2006] [error] [client
66.249.65.40] Premature end of script headers:
index.php

I am wondering if an owner/group issue may be the
problem.  Mind you I just copied everything over from
the old machine to the new (linux 2 linux).

Being somewhat new to all of this I know I have a lot
to learn.

Your help is greatly appriciated.

Kurt Zimmerman