[nycphp-talk] Memory usage at runtime

Jeffrey Barrett jeffreyabarrett at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 18:22:07 EDT 2006

Eddy,

Long time no chat. This is a very tough question. I have been unable to find
an internal PHP function to help with this. After playing with many
different things we have been running callgrind/valgrind and with that you
can start to piece together the details of the memory usage of your
application. These dumps can be a broad confusing read, but there is a
graphical front end that helps make things easier. It has been a while but I
think we got a good picture of memory allocation with those tools.

There is also xdebug, but I think that just gives total memory allocation.

Later,
Jeff