[nycphp-talk] utf8 woes - is there a UTF string unencoder ?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 30 20:03:19 EDT 2006

Chris Shiflett shiflett-at-php.net |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>inforequest wrote:
>

>>I have a mixed app in development where some data is utf8
>>and some is ... well... not utf8 :-)
>>

>It sounds like utf8_decode() might be useful to you:
>
>http://php.net/utf8_decode
>
>It converts a string where some characters are encoded as UTF-8 to
>single-byte ISO-8859-1.
>
>Hope that helps.
>
>Chris

Damn if this isn't the most helpful list!  Thanks Chris. That's
P-E-R-F-E-C-T!  :-)

-=JOHN

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs          john andrews SEO http://www.seo-fun.com