[nycphp-talk] OT: any printing to NTA thin clients?

R. Mariotti r.mariotti at fdcx.net
Wed Nov 1 11:38:54 EST 2006

Sorry for the OT post.  But most subscribers work in the industry and
some MIGHT have some knowledge of sources of information.

I've just inherited the support and further app development for a bunch
of thin clients running web based apps on NTA 6010 thin clients.  These
seem to run some flavor of *nix as their proprietary OS.

My questions relate to printing to these boxes:

It appears that they may use cups as their print server software (as I
can access it local with localhost:631 and actually get connected.  But,
trying to do anything requires the admin username and password.   As no
one has ever (so they say) set this up and I do not have any real admin
access (because its a closed OS) what can one use for these values?

If anyone is familiar with this line -OR- if anyone knows of any source
of info (other than their source - devonit.com) please advise.  And, of
course, if anyone has any actual usable knowledge of these devices
please share it?

Thanks for reading and thanks for responding.

BM