[nycphp-talk] LDAP for web authorization?

R. Mariotti r.mariotti at fdcx.net
Thu Nov 2 09:14:31 EST 2006

Gentlemen;

A few pointers please?

My department has been charged with replacing multiple existing login
mechanisms that support our PHP web intranet applications.  Fortunately
we are a 100% Linux/OSS shop.

My thoughts immediately went towards a centralized LDAP mechanism and
designing/creating a single callable login facility to accomplish this.

As I personally have ZERO experience working with LDAP, I was hoping
that those of you who have had experience can share your advice as to
what works/what doesn't.

Am I all wrong in my thoughts?  Are there other better solutions one
should be looking at?

Your kind advice and suggestions again, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob