[nycphp-talk] rtrim broken?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 18:09:20 EST 2006

Hi,

    I agree, that wasn't the best example to give. I probably thought
first to write $k = $k + 1, and then recalled that a + 1 is easily
expressed as ++, which also does not require to assign the result to the
same variable. It really was only meant as example and I guess I just
add two in future to make a point.
    The really embarrassing thing is that if I just would have looked at
my code for some time more and did it as shown in my botched example,
the whole mess could have been prevented. I got this squared out now and
it all works and I keep on screwing my head on straight.

    David K.