[nycphp-talk] PHP and Apache doing funky stuff

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Nov 6 19:45:02 EST 2006

Hi,

after loading a PHP script on my "production" server and accessing the
pages generated by the script, I get wierd stuff like this:

where the †Ë¯Øp; is supposed to be a &nbsp; . I use a browser that is on
the same box as the server, but access it not through localhost but by
using the server's URL. That line shown above is the result of an echo.
I receive this on almost every page and even in the type property of an
input element, where it really just destroys the form. The browser
thinks it is supposed to be a textbox although it really should be a
submit button.
I used several pages connecting via localhost and did not notice this
problem. Also, I access this site frequently from work and never noticed
this issue either. Could this really just be that it is because I go out
to the web and then back into my server that some characters get
randomly garbled like this?

Anyone ever experienced something similar?

David K.