[nycphp-talk] So who's using Ajax anway?

Dell Sala dell at sala.ca
Thu Nov 9 12:33:48 EST 2006

One excellent free AJAX resource is Michael Mahemoff's softwareas.com
podcast. He also has a companion website goes along with his book
ajaxpatterns.org (although it seems to be down right now).

Start here: http://softwareas.com/ajax-basics-podcast-1 and work your
way forward from there.

Once you understand the fundamentals, find a simple framework to help
you get started. I like MyBic. http://www.litfuel.net/mybic/ It's
pretty lightweight, but has some nice extra features like a built-in
debugger, and default behavior for gracefully handling network-down
issues and things like that.

What other AJAX frameworks are people using? Ken, I know you've
rolled your own that looks super-lean. I'd like to try that. I've
tried PEAR's HTML_AXAJ, but found it overkill.

-- Dell