[nycphp-talk] MySQL GPL License

Brian Dailey support at dailytechnology.net
Fri Nov 10 15:45:17 EST 2006

Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but bear with me.

First, the quote:

"If you build an intranet application and deploy it inside your
organisation, your users can request the source code and legally you
have to give it to them. It’s not likely that they will know that you’re
running the GPL version of MySQL so that they have the right to request
it but legally you have to provide the source code upon request."

 From http://www.lamp2lapo.com/

Does this apply to ALL web-based applications (e.g., ones written in
PHP)? If I write a website in PHP that uses MySQL without a commercial
license, do I have to share the code?

Help me out here. Am I understanding this correctly?

More from the MySQL website:

MySQL Licensing FAQ:
http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/faq.html

MySQL Open Source License: