[nycphp-talk] PHP Development on the Road (Advice Needed)

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Sat Nov 11 15:28:53 EST 2006

I am moving from NYC to Tampa, Florida Gulf Coast area in several days.
I'll be mobile, on the road for 2-3 months till I set permanent new
home/office.

But, I will need a few hours internet access everyday to keep updating web
projects.

Are there any PHP road warriors who have faced similar transient work
scenarios.
How do you stay connected for FTP, Telnet, etc?

I'm looking at:
Boingo or Wayport (wifi hot spot subscription services) for internet at
stores, hotels, airports, etc.

Have you experienced whether one can use FTP clients for normal anonymous
FTP?
Telnet, WinSCP, putty and Windows Remote Desktop?
Will these work through these service interfaces?

Any other tried true solutions?

Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated,

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Director
PSWebcode