[nycphp-talk] [OT] slidePresenter (was: live slide-show delivery viabrowser only)

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Tue Nov 14 01:00:37 EST 2006

Hi All,

A short report to follow up on the earlier discussion:  actual code for
this project has been posted at sourceforge.  I had proof-of-concept
code several days ago but made the mistake of trying to put in lots of
"nice" features before releasing it.  Not smart.  This morning I decided
just to get something that works and post it.  Actually feels pretty good.

The current implementation uses no database in the back-end, just a
config file to record the order of the slides, and another file to
record which slide is current.  The viewer interface uses AJAX to poll
for the current slide every 2 seconds. Very barebones at this point, but
very capable in its stated purpose.

Demo: http://slides.sourceforge.net/blog/?page_id=9
Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=181580

Thanks to the list for hashing out a few ideas up to this point. Thought
I should let you know it's progressed into actual released code.  Won't
be bothering you with more details hereafter.

Thanks,
Allen

--
Allen Shaw