[nycphp-talk] OT: 2600

Ben Sgro (sk) skyline at publicmine.com
Thu Nov 16 22:15:45 EST 2006

Yes, 2004 was awesome. Everyone! That's very cool!

Infact I do:

In association with 2600: The Hacker Quarterly, Steven Rambam will finally
deliver his talk entitled, "Privacy is Dead." As you may recall, this was
originally scheduled for the middle of HOPE Number Six but wound up being
cancelled due to the FBI arresting Steve right before he was scheduled to go
on stage. We promised to make it up to our attendees and that's what we're
going to do this week.

This will be a wide-ranging lecture covering databases, privacy, and
"computer-aided investigation." Steven is the owner of PallTech, the largest
privately held online investigative support service in the U.S. This talk
will include numerous examples of actual data and secret databases as well
as a demonstration of an actual online investigation done on a volunteer
subject. Admission is free.

The talk is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 16th from 6:00-9:00pm at
the Stevens Institute of Technology Babbio Center Room 122 in Hoboken,
which is only a stop away from Manhattan on the PATH train and cheaper
than the subway.

For full travel information check:
http://www.2600.com/news/102506-files/privacy.html

- Ben

The newest issue of Haking was out at B&N today. Good read.