[nycphp-talk] Help with while loop

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:27:14 EST 2006

On 11/27/06, Scott Mattocks <scott at crisscott.com> wrote:

> I am confused as to why you are looping over one value to begin with?

Oh yeah, that would probably have been helpful.

OK, the deal is that I need to ensure that the value that gets
inserted into the LDAP directory is unique. So if the value that is
entered by the user is 'Browns,' I need to take that value and search
for matches. If there is a match, then I need to drop the 's' off of
the end and make it 'Brown1.' But then I need to ensure that value is
unique. So I have to take the newly computed value and run it back
through the array to make sure there isn't a duplicate.

The client wants the script to generate this unique key without any
involvement from the end-user.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications