[nycphp-talk] OT - Recommendatons for MySQL books?

Morgan Craft morgan at forsalebyowner.com
Mon Oct 2 10:20:08 EDT 2006

MySQL Database Design and Tuning by mySql press is a great book -
http://dev.mysql.com/books/mysqlpress/

It covers in-depth information about the various storage engines in
mysql: innoDB, myISAM, Memory, Heap, Archive and how they work (row
locking) and when/why to use them for various data-types.  These various
storage engines are what make MySQL such a powerful database engine.
Also, the book also covers indexing methods - primary and foreign keys,
hashing, column types.  Basically it covers everything relating to
database design for mysql and focuses less on tricks you can do with SQL
queries.  I highly recommend it.

I don't think you can order it through amazon - where I normally get all
my books.  But if you go to a Barnes and Noble I'm sure they have it.
Give it a look I'm sure it is what you are looking for.

-Morgan