[nycphp-talk] PHP HTML Document Parser

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:24:21 EDT 2006

Peter Sawczynec ps-at-pswebcode.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

> I'm looking for a free PHP module/class/script that can accept an
> HTML document as a string or file and might have a few methods built in
> to help parse the file for certain keywords or the grab the textual
> content
> between certain open and closing HTML tags.
>
> This module/class/script does not have to make the connection to get the
> file, only to do the parsing.
>
> As usual thanks in advance if you know something that fits the bill.
>
> Warmest regards,

There is a Tidy library by John Coggeshall that does a ton but I have
found it to be a very dry sandwich to consume without a decent pint of
beer. Maybe that's cause I am such a lousy PHP coder, but the team I was
working with loved it and got everything they needed from it.  Maybe
start with a Zend article here http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/761

-=john andrews

"The web is competitive. Just because you can't smell the stench or see the grime, doesn't mean the person on the other end of the connection is a good citizen in an upscale suburban neighborhood making an honest living giving you a fair deal. He's probably not."  --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com