[nycphp-talk] Array Transformation Assistance.

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Oct 2 16:46:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I usually create a second numerically indexed array that has as elements
the key names. The numerical keys correspond to each other so that I only
need a while loop and a counter to access each element of the source arrays
that I then stick together as key/element pairs in a resulting array. I do
not know the exact circumstance, but I needed to get two things out of a
database that were related to each other and that had to be of the same
count by design. Worked great, but today I'd use SQL and a join for this,
which works even better.

David