[nycphp-talk] Andromeda Presentation: Ideas for sample app?

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Thu Oct 12 14:10:49 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

In a couple of weeks I will be presenting Andromeda, a framework for
line-of-business apps.

I am hoping to do a lot of hands-on stuff, with lots of code to show,
and lots of examples.

If anybody would like to suggest a sample app, I would be happy to do
what I can to have something prepared that is relevant to conversations
we have here.  Can't promise anything of course, but I think that if
some ideas come in it will let us show off some of things Andromeda
does.  If something suitable is suggested and worked out here, I will
have the app working before the presentation so people can go look at it.

The current plan is to show a time-tracking system and a fragment of a
magazine distribution system.  If anybody has other ideas for such
line-of-business stuff, please feel free to reply here or off-list.

I should say that there are certain apps that are very well done by
other systems out there, so for instance we would not present a CMS or a
messageboard.