[nycphp-talk] OT?: HTML question

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Fri Oct 13 19:51:36 EDT 2006

I believe that this article gives you the divs layout setup and the CSS
styles in a basic form exactly as you might need:
http://alistapart.com/articles/holygrail

I wouldn't hassle yourself with any other unique strategies.
Divs are solid performers and every modern browser essentially handles them
quite right.
You can try something like:

class="form2">form 2 elements</div><div id="f3" class="form3">form 3
elements</div>

Using CSS you can make the position for main_div = absolute.
Then position it with left and top. And even hard code the width to say 360.
And then the internal divs can be relative or float, something like that.

Or just use this:
class="form2">form 2 elements</div><div id="f3" class="form3">form 3
elements</div>

And then use CSS to absolutely position all three. And set each width to say
120px.
And set the left and tops as 0,0 and 120,0 and 240,0.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Director
PSWebcode