[nycphp-talk] Upgrading PHP and MYSQL - duplicate name error

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:57:36 EDT 2006

I re-install PHP and MYSQL on my REHL 3 linux using:
 up2date -i php
 up2date -i mysql
 up2date -i php-mysql

This morning I found the following error on
my error.log file:
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_dbname
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
mysql_tablename in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
mysql_table_name in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  mysql:  Unable to register functions, unable to load in
Unknown on line 0
[Wed Oct 18 09:41:32 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) configured --
resuming normal operations

I get a lot of 'Function registration failed - duplicate name"

Any ideas what is the problem?

Thanks,

Néstor :-)