[nycphp-talk] DataObject implementation (was Re: Constructors and)

Dell Sala dell at sala.ca
Thu Oct 19 15:06:06 EDT 2006

JOINs are a bear with the DataObject pattern. I basically never use
the DB_DataObject::join() method. If I need a join, I just use the
query() method instead. I think the documentation even recommends
this for all but the simplest JOIN queries.

DB_DataObject was actually my first introduction to DataObjects
(trial by fire!), and after using it for a while I really enjoy the
simplicity of Darryl Patterson's article. Why not take a lightweight
framework like he has described and just extend it as needed on a
case-by-case basis?

-- Dell